Our favourite fit girl reveals her key exercise buys and the six health rules she swears by
A top Dubai-based fitness influencer’s health tips
Looking for a hit of fitspiration? Add Dannielle Blaker (@gypsyfitdxb) to your Instagram feed straight away. Based in Dubai, this Canadian exercise enthusiast’s social media account is filled with action-packed snaps, motivational quotes and regular updates on her own fitness journey.
When she is not running her own business or teaching yoga, Dannielle is first in line to try all the latest exercise crazes in town. “I regularly mix up my classes to make sure I don’t get bored, plus it keeps my muscles guessing,” she says.
On her top places to visit in Dubai, the health pro lists Barry’s Bootcamp Marina, Orange Theory, Define Barre, and Vinyasa Yoga at Inspire as just a few of her current favourites.
Here, Dannielle reveals the six health rules she lives by, along with her must-have clothing picks for working up a sweat in style.
The most stylish gym wear to shop now
Dannielle’s Quick Tips To A Leading A Healthier Lifestyle
1. I truly believe we are what we eat. Nourish your body and it will be happy. I follow an 80% vegetarian diet and avoid processed food.
2. Practice self-care. If you work long hours or have a stressful job, make sure you get enough sleep and look after your body and mind.
3. Manage your digital consumption. Check your emails or social media at set times of the day and then put it away so that you are not always looking at a screen.
4. If, like me, you live in a sunny country, mole mapping is so important as it will help detect any signs of melanoma.
5. Drinking water is key. I have made it a habit to drink a minimum of three litres a day. Every time I leave in my car I take two bottles with me and then drink more when I get home. I don’t buy plastic bottles and instead refill glass bottles from my kitchen.
6. My friends laugh at me for taking up to 10 vitamins a day, but I truly believe in their properties and never forget to take them. I only buy high strength and good quality, such as Solgar.
Shop Dannielle’s Fitness Essentials
Trainers, Adidas, visit Mall of the Emirates, City Centre Deira, City Centre Mirdif, City Centre Sharjah, City Centre Fujairah, City Centre Bahrain, City Centre Qurum, City Centre Alexandria, City Centre Beirut, City Centre Maadi and Mall of Egypt
“I love the Adidas Parley trainers and the message behind them. They are made of recycled plastic from the ocean and I’m a huge supporter of the ‘reduce, reuse, recycle’ ethos. Adidas trainers are my favourite for running and I usually prefer solid neutral colours or white.”
Leggings, Lululemon, visit Mall of the Emirates and City Centre Mirdif
“Lululemon leggings are so soft and breathable. I also love their colour palette – I have the Align Pant 28” in Vintage Grape and True Navy.”
Sports bra, Adidas, visit Mall of the Emirates, City Centre Deira, City Centre Mirdif, City Centre Sharjah, City Centre Fujairah, City Centre Bahrain, City Centre Qurum, City Centre Alexandria, City Centre Beirut, City Centre Maadi and Mall of Egypt
“The Adidas Alphaskin Tech Sports Bra feels like a second skin and offers great support for running. I also love that the padding is sewn in so that the pads don’t come out in the washing machine.”
Article Source: https://www.citycentremirdif.com/blog/lifestyle/inside-a-fitness-influencers-workout-wardrobe